Friday, May 8, 2009

Gingerbread Castle

Or rather, what's left of it.

Gingerbread Castle in Hamburg NJ was -for ages- a fun little attraction off of Rt. 23 for children of all ages.

Having never been there myself, I had to rely on Sweetheart's word that the place looked a LOT better than this when it was open.

Today, Gingerbread Castle has been barbed-wired up and access is nearly impossible.

Notice how I said 'nearly'.

The place looks like it had a lot of demolition work done recently on it. Well by recently, I mean within the past few years. We went there today in the early afternoon and there wasn't a soul to be found.

We couldn't get inside, but maybe someday, before it's gone for good.




Dodge Avenger Cop Car
They see me rollin... they hatin



The Castle




Wheatsworth Mill




Pie?



















-AK

No comments: