Wednesday, November 19, 2008

World's Fair

Flushing Meadows, Queens, NYC

Anybody else remember Men in Black? That one with Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, the finale, took place right there in Queens, right by the Billie Jean King Tennis Center and Shea Stadium. It was defiantly worth the trip, but bad weather forced us to abandon the other sites we wanted to visit and we ended up spending just a lot of time here, which was fine with us, made for some good photos and I’m working on getting better with this new camera, which I’m not 100% happy with right now. What I NEED is to save up for a digital SLR-type camera, but with those being as expensive as good ones are, I’ll stick to my tiny Casio and smile knowing it fits in my pocket and takes up less space than my iPod.

In 1964 the World’s Fair took place right here in NYC, and most of these places were used just for those events, and not much else. The “Globe” is frequented by tourists, BMX’ers, and dog-walkers all day long. Overall, a pretty cool place to go.

Enjoy the shots!























Be Legendary,

-AK

No comments: